- City Government
- Public Works
- Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Program
Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Program
Fats, oils, and grease (F.O.G.) can cause major problems in our sanitary sewer system. When FOG is poured down kitchen drains, it can begin to build up in our sewer pipes and cause restrictions in the flow. These restrictions can amount to unwanted backups of untreated sewage in our sewer pipes, to our houses and to the main sanitary sewer system.
These backups result in increased costs for residents, businesses, and the City for clean up. Eliminating F.O.G. in the sanitary sewer system will help to protect the water supply in your community by preventing sanitary sewer overflows.
Commercial Businesses and FOG
All grease/grit trap operators and liquid waste haulers shall be registered with the City of Bedford by January 1 of each year. The registration period is January 1 - December 31.
Grease/Grit Trap Operators
- Grease Generator Permit
- Grease/Grit Trap Operators Requirements
- List of Registered Liquid Waste Haulers
Liquid Waste Haulers
The City of Bedford has chosen to partner with Vepo, LLC to allow for the online submission of liquid waste trip tickets. To log in or create an account, please visit the Vepo website.
Residential Used Cooking Oil Recycling
Bedford residents can drop off used cooking oil year-round at Bedford Public Works, 1813 Reliance Parkway, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please contact the Public Works Department at 817-952-2200 for more information.
- Prewash dishes and pans with cold water before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Compost food scraps or scrape them into the trash, not the sink.
- Wipe pots, pans, and dishes with dry paper towels before rinsing or washing them.
- Recycle used cooking oil or properly dispose of it in the garbage.
- Don't pour oil and grease down the drain.
- Don't put food scraps down the drain.
- Don't run water over dishes, pans, fryers, and griddles to wash oil and grease down the drain.
- Don't rinse off oil and grease with hot water.