- City Government
- City Council
- Boards & Commissions
Boards & Commissions
Bedford's Boards and Commissions are comprised of citizen volunteers who have an active interest in participating in the municipal business of the City of Bedford.
Membership is open to all Bedford residents who have lived in Bedford for at least one year immediately preceding their appointment unless otherwise noted by an ordinance, bylaws, or regulatory provisions of that board or commission. Regular attendance at all meetings of the board or commission to which one is appointed is required.
The City has established two different application forms depending on the nature of the Board or Commission. For the following Boards and Commissions, please complete this online application.
- Planning and Zoning Commission – Meets one to two times a month
- Street Improvement Economic Development Corporation (4B) Board – Meets twice a year (at least)
- Zoning Board of Adjustment / Building and Standards Commission – Same members serve on both groups, both meet as needed
- Animal Shelter Advisory Board - Meets three times a year
- Beautification Advisory Board - Meets at least six times a year
- Cultural Arts Advisory Board - Meets at least six time a year
- Ethics Commission - Meets once a year or as needed
- Library Advisory Board - Meets at least six times a year
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board - Meets at least six time a year
General Provisions for Boards and CommissionsCode of Ordinances - Chapter 2, Article IV - Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Bedford has adopted an Ethics Policy to establish guidelines for ethical standards of conduct for all city officials and employees.
Code of Ordinances - Chapter 2, Article III, Division 3 - Ethics