Boards & Commissions
Bedford's Boards and Commissions are comprised of citizen volunteers who have an active interest in participating in the municipal business of the City of Bedford.
Membership is open to all Bedford residents who have lived in Bedford for at least one year immediately preceding their appointment unless otherwise noted by an ordinance, bylaws, or regulatory provisions of that board or commission. Regular attendance at all meetings of the board or commission to which one is appointed is required.
The City has established two different application forms depending on the nature of the Board or Commission. For the following Boards and Commissions, please complete this online application.
- Planning and Zoning Commission – Meets one to two times a month
- Street Improvement Economic Development Corporation (4B) Board – Meets twice a year (at least)
- Zoning Board of Adjustment / Building and Standards Commission – Same members serve on both groups, both meet as needed
For the following Community Advisory Boards, please complete this online application.
- Animal Shelter Advisory Board - Meets three times a year
- Beautification Advisory Board - Meets at least six times a year
- Cultural Arts Advisory Board - Meets at least six time a year
- Ethics Commission - Meets once a year or as needed
- Library Advisory Board - Meets at least six times a year
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board - Meets at least six time a year
- Senior Advisory Board - Meets at least six times a year
General Provisions for Boards and Commissions
The City of Bedford has adopted an Ethics Policy to establish guidelines for ethical standards of conduct for all city officials and employees.
Open Government Training
All elected and appointed officials are required to take training on the Open Meetings Act and the Public Information Act within 90 days of their appointment or swearing in. This training is offered online by the Texas Attorney General's Office.