Safe Return Program
Safe Return is a community resource program for members of the vulnerable population who reside within the City of Bedford. This would include, but not limited to, children or adults who suffer from:
- Down Syndrome
- Any Developmental Disorder
The vital information provided by caregivers or parents will help to assist the Bedford Police Department, in the event the participant goes missing, with activating the following alert systems provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- Silver Alert- A person 65 years of age or older who has been diagnosed with a mental impairment OR a person with Alzheimer's disease and the person's disappearance poses a credible threat to their health and safety.
- Endangered Missing Persons Alert- A person who has been diagnosed with an Intellectual Disability or a Pervasive Development Disorder, including Asperger’s Disorder, Autistic Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, Rett’s Disorder or a Pervasive Developmental Disorder.
1. Complete the Safe Return Program Registration Form (current photo and physician’s letter is requested to accompany the form)
2. Seal your documents in an envelope and deliver to the Bedford Police Department OR mail your registration to:
Bedford Police Department
Attn: Community Services Division
2121 L. Don Dodson Dr.
Bedford, TX 76021
3. Once the form is submitted and reviewed, you will be contacted with confirmation that it has been received.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Click on the links below for information on how to care for a loved one with: