What you will need to provide to the Fire Marshal's Office for a Plan Review/ Permit
A minimum of one set of paper drawings (more if desired by contractor), spec sheets, calculations. One CD or USB thumb drive with drawings, spec sheets, and calculations to be retained by the fire department. All hard copies will be returned to the contractor upon approval.
|Application for Fire Marshal's Permit||Fee Schedule|
Plan Review Submittal Check List
- Plans are signed by the APS, PE, RME, or other required design individuals
- Plans contain all information required by the design standard including complete title block with contact information.
- Plan with multiple pages are in order and stapled, including spec sheets and calculations.
- Plans are rolled and bound and/or folded.
- A completed permit application is provided with plans.
When plans are disapproved:
- The applicant will be notified to pick up the plans for correction
- A plan review comment sheet noting the deficiencies will be attached
- The applicant will resubmit the corrected plans with the original comment sheet
When the plans are approved:
- The applicant will be notified to pick up the plans, the cost of the permit, and a permit issued.
After the system installation is completed:
- The applicant shall call in an inspection request at least 24 hours in advance of the requested time and date of the inspection.
- The contractor shall have performed all pre-testing required by the installation standard used prior to requesting an inspection of the system.
Fire Department Acceptance Test Check List
- The issued permit must be on the job site at all times. At least one set of plans shall be on the site at all times.
- Provide an adequate number of personnel to perform the test. The fire marshal is there to witness the functionality of the system, not to assist with the testing. In addition, when testing a system involving multiple parties such as a fire pump, the permitted contractor shall be responsible for securing all required representatives for the test.
- Provide means for reliable two-way communication between personnel. This is most important during fire alarm testing
- Be prepared to place any monitoring system on/off test with the monitoring company
- Notify all building occupants prior to the test of what they can expect.
- May be charged a return inspection fee if the system does not perform satisfactorily.
Bedford Fire Marshal's Office
1816 Bedford Rd
Bedford, TX 76021