Ark Contracting Services LLC began work on the Brookwood Stream and Sanitary Sewer Project in early November 2020. During the course of the project crews will be installing gabion baskets, gabion mattresses, concrete erosion protection, and replacing one section of sanitary sewer. Below is a timeline of project events from the most recent to September 2020.
- December 15, 2020 - Ark Contracting Services LLC crews worked at the north end and completed the sewer installation across the creek near Cheek-Sparger Road. Work began at Golden Gate Court for the second sewer main repair. Work continued on the gabion walls at the south end of the project in the creek. The contractor is working on a stepped section of the wall behind 3604 Brookside Drive. This section transitions south to the construction entrance. They will move north a few hundred feet and start on another section at a storm drainpipe. The project passed the after rain SWPPP Inspection on December 15. The next bi-weekly SWPPP inspection is scheduled for December 29.
- December 8, 2020 - Ark Contracting Services LLC laid the sewer line on the west side of the project between the two manholes. The project passed the after rain SWPPP Inspection on November 30. The next bi-weekly SWPPP inspection is scheduled for December 15.
- December 1, 2020 - Ark Contracting Services LLC placed 12” gabion mattresses at the bottom of the channel at Cummings Drive, placed rock and tied the top down. The gabion work is complete in this area. Crews will work on grading the channel and slopes toward the north. Work will begin on the sanitary sewer line this week at the north end of the project at Cheek-Sparger Road and Brookridge Court. The project passed the after rain SWPPP Inspection on November 30. The next bi-weekly SWPPP inspection is scheduled for December 14.
- Work began in November 2020.
- A Notice to Proceed was issued to Ark Contracting to begin the project on November 2, 2020.
- A pre-construction meeting was held on Friday, October 9, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Public notification was mailed to property owners adjacent to the project. The notification contained a timeline showing all actions that occurred from 2015 to the present time. This included a discussion with the residents in the Brookwood Addition regarding erosion control along Little Bear Creek Tributary 4, between Cheek-Sparger Road and Cummings Drive, a wetland permit by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, a Texas Archeological Site Atlas culture study, a Threatened and Endangered Species Investigation, easement acquisitions, a bid opening, then award of the project to Ark Contracting.
- City Staff requested a more detailed project schedule from Ark Contracting on September 10, 2020.