We’re excited to announce the City of Bedford was awarded a $750,000 grant from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission, which will go toward funding additional amenities within Generations Park at Boys Ranch. These amenities include:
- Disc golf course extension, expanding 9-hole to a complete 18-hole course
- Hike and bike trail extension around the west side of The Center
- Lighted tennis/pickleball courts
- Picnic tables and benches throughout the park
- Playground shade structure
Bedford was one of the 20 lucky entities to receive grant funding, out of 52 grant applications the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission received. The City will use a portion of its ARPA funding (Federal American Rescue Plan Act), in addition to the grant, to complete the work outlined above. The City received ARPA funds from the Federal Government for COVID-19 economic relief, and it can be used on a variety of City improvements.
What happens next?
City staff and Texas Parks and Wildlife will work to finalize the agreement. At this time, no date or timeline has been set for the start of any construction. As always, we will announce updates regarding these amenities on all communication channels, when they become available.