The Bedford Center YMCA (2801 Forest Ridge Dr.) has been BUSY! During the March 28 City Council meeting, YMCA staff presented an update on memberships and operations:
- As of this week, The Bedford Center YMCA has already surpassed its 2023 goal of 2,300 membership units, with 2,335 monthly membership units. Based on that total, there are currently over 6,700 members at The Center.
- More than 600 members have taken part in different insurance-based membership options, including Silver Sneakers, Renew Active, Silver and Fit, Active and Fit, and Prime.
- During the week, The Center sees an average of 726 people a day. On Saturdays, the facility sees an average of 615 people a day. On Sundays (the facility is open for four hours), around 300 people walk through the doors.
- Since opening on January 2, the facility has had 62,590 visitors.
- The facility currently offers 48 group exercise classes, per week. More classes are coming soon!
- 54 hours of court time is reserved for pickleball each week. There are also 71 hours of open court time, per week.
- Programs include a YMCA volleyball league (for practices and games), Parent’s Night Out twice a month, indoor swim lessons, and Teen Nights (starting in April), as well as Meals on Wheels lunch for seniors on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- The first Special Olympics YMCA team in Texas recently formed and meets at The Bedford Center YMCA each week for basketball practice. The swim team will start up in May.
Interested in joining The Bedford Center YMCA? Learn more online.