Summer is quickly approaching, y’all! We’re excited to announce The Bedford Center YMCA water park will open to the public for the season on Saturday, May 27. We know you’ve got questions, so here’s the rundown on the water park this summer:
- The water park will open daily (noon to 8 p.m.) through Sunday, August 13. After this date, the water park will only be open Saturdays and Sundays into September, as long as staffing and weather allow.
- A day pass for Bedford residents (over the age of three) is $5 per person.
- A day pass for non-residents (over the age of three) is $10 per person.
- The outdoor water park includes a lazy river, concessions, restroom building, chaise lounges, cabanas, two slides, a splash pad, and play feature.
- Since the water park will stay open until 8 p.m., this means the water park will remain open after the main facility closes on Saturdays and Sundays. In order to access the water park, guests will have to enter/exit through the water park entrance (on the left side of the main facility entrance).
- The concession stand will sell hot dogs, pizza, snow cones, various drinks, and other snacks. Cash and credit cards will be accepted. A full menu and pricing is not available, just yet!
- Guests will be able to bring in outside coolers; however, no glass or alcohol is allowed.
- Cabanas within the water park will be rentable! Additional details about how to reserve a cabana will be available soon.
- Outside floats will not be permitted inside the water park. Guests may bring in lifejackets, as long as they are U.S. Coast Guard-approved. There will be lifejackets available at the water park free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Bedford Center YMCA is planning many special events and activities at the water park this season. Make sure to follow their Facebook page and visit their website to view an updated schedule, coming soon!
When available, additional information on the outdoor water park will be posted at www.bedfordtx.gov/waterpark.