Attention Bedford residents! The City of Bedford has partnered with Andale Construction to perform street maintenance that will take significant cooperation from residents on the following streets in the coming weeks:
- Arthurs Circle
- Brestol Ct. E
- Brestol Ct. W
- Brookside Court
- Brookside Drive
- Courtney Court
- Cunningham Court
- Diamond Street
- Emerald Street
- Glenbrook Court
- Huntington Lane
- Kensington Court
- Meadowside Drive
- Mill Ridge Street
- Misty Court
- Norman Lane
- Pleasant Valley Circle
- Prince Court
- Princess Street
- Royal Court
- Sapphire Street
- Spring Garden Drive
- Teakwood Drive
- Vine Ridge
- Vintage Way
- Wayne Court
- Wayne Drive
On the designated day, Andale Construction crews will be putting down a high-density mineral bond product called HA5 (More Info). This new surface will significantly extend the life of these asphalt streets and provide smoother roads.
Each street, and even portions of streets, will be under construction on different dates to minimize impact to residents. The first day of construction will be Friday, June 2. All maps, dates, and details are posted at www.ha5info.com/bedford, which will be updated daily with any changes. Citizens are HIGHLY encouraged to sign up for project text notifications from Andale by texting ROAD to 77222. Those that sign-up for notifications will receive text notifications of any date changes or project delays due to weather conditions.
There are two important things for residents on these streets to know. The first is that residents who will need access to their vehicle during the 24-hour construction period will need to relocate their vehicles to an area outside the work zone (at least 50-feet away from the work zone) but within walking distance. No vehicle will be allowed on the newly treated road surface until the road is reopened.
The second thing residents need to do is to turn off sprinklers on the day of road construction where your home is located.
Here are some additional frequently asked Q and A’s:
- How will I know when my road will be closed? Andale Construction will notify you 72 hours in advance and if you choose to opt into their text messaging service, they can give you early notifications. Homes along the streets that will undergo construction on Friday, June 2 will receive flyers on their door starting Tuesday.
- What if my car is parked on a road that is closed? Andale will begin work at 7 a.m. and vehicles will be allowed to exit the area until 7:30 a.m. The streets being treated will be closed for 24 hours so if your vehicle is on a street that will be blocked by adjacent surfacing work, it will have to remain there until the work is complete. If your vehicle is on the street when work begins, it will have to be towed to the end of the area. Towing vehicles out of the construction area is allowed per City Ordinance Sec. 114-155.
- What if I need assistance traveling between my home and vehicle while it's parked away from my home? Please park your car within walking distance of your home. If assistance is needed with transport between your home and vehicle, please call HA5 Superintendent Brian Alley at 316-706-1208 to arrange assistance.
- How will I get our mail, FEDEX, and UPS packages? Andale has talked with the postal service and you will receive your mail and packages as normal.
- What do we do on trash day? Republic Services has been notified and your trash will be picked up as scheduled.
- How will this affect emergency vehicles? Emergency vehicles will be able to access any home in the neighborhood 24-hours a day.
- How will this affect any landscaping work? Please don’t do any landscape work while road work is being performed and turn off sprinkler systems for 48 hours, the day of the construction work and a full day after the road is treated.
For more information, please visit http://www.ha5info.com/bedford.