Looking for a more affordable way to get your four-legged family member vaccinated? Bedford Animal Services is partnering with the Texas Coalition for Animal Protection (TCAP) for a low-cost vaccination clinic on Saturday, September 16 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Bedford Animal Shelter, 1809 Reliance Parkway. Vaccinations include:
- Cats – Rabies, FeLV, FHCPCh, and FeLV/FIV Test
- Dogs – Rabies, Bordetella, DAPPv, Leptospirosis, Lyme, Canine Influenza, and Heartworm Test
Dewormer, flea/tick treatment, and microchip services are also available. Please note, rabies vaccinations are the only free vaccines being offered. No appointment is necessary, however all cats must be in a hard-sided carrier, dogs must be on a leash, and services are given on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be in line before noon to receive TCAP’s services.
Below is a full list of services being offered, with prices:
|Canine Influenza ((H3N8/H3N2)$20||$20|
|General Dewormer (Strongid-T)||$5|
|Tapeworm Dewormer (Droncit)||$15|
|Triheart Plus (6-month supply)||$30 - $40|
|Trifexis (6-month supply)||$135|
|1 month dose flea/tick treatment||$12|
|3 month dose flea/tick treatment||$30|
|Bravecto 12 week flea/tick treatment||$50|
|Home Again Microchip||$30|
* Pets must have a current rabies vaccination given at least 7 days before receiving a nail trim. Proof is required.
Requirements for Service
- Heartworm prevention can only be prescribed after the pet receives a negative heartworm test administered by TCAP.
- Accepted payment includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and cash.
- All dogs must be on a tight leash for the safety of your pet and other clients and their pets.
- All cats must be in a hard-sided carrier.
Bedford residents! While at the Shelter, don’t forget to stop by the front desk and renew your pet license, which should be done annually. Learn more about pet licensing.