The City of Bedford has an ongoing need for volunteers. There are a wide variety of opportunities that can help gain valuable work experience, make use of skills and knowledge, and meet new friends.
Fill out the Volunteer Application Form to receive additional information on upcoming opportunities.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities with the City
- Animal Shelter - Please email Animal Services or call 817-952-2191 for volunteering information.
- Bedford Library - Working under the supervision of Library staff, volunteers provide valuable support and assistance. Volunteer opportunities may include shelving books and media, providing homework help, or providing computer instruction.
- Boards and Commissions - Bedford's Boards and Commissions are comprised of citizen volunteers who have an active interest in participating in the municipal business of the City of Bedford.
- CERT - The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program helps train people to be better prepared to respond to emergency situations in their communities during times of disaster.
- Community Powered Revitalization (CPR) - A joint effort between the City of Bedford and 6Stones, various businesses, non-profit organizations, and faith-based organizations to help struggling homeowners make necessary home repairs.
- Teen Court - Teens and adults work together to provide defendants the opportunity to take responsibility for their actions, while learning about the justice system.
- VIPS - The Bedford Police Department's "Volunteers In Policing Service" program trains citizen volunteers to assist the BPD with police activities, enhance crime prevention, and provide additional manpower to improve service to the community.